WhatsApp has the highest number of active users . People are using WhatsApp every single day.
Everything runs fine when we use WhatsApp on the same phone. But the problem starts when we change the device.
Whatever may the region of changing mobile, but we do so occasionally.Then the question arises how to restore WhatsApp messages on new phone?Because we don’t want to lose the chat messages on our old phone.Fortunately, WhatsApp gives a solution to this. No matter you are using iOS or Android there is a solution.
How To Restore WhatsApp Messages On New Phone Easy Way?
To make it simple I have divided the process into some steps. Some method you may know or some methods are new for you.WhatsApp also concerned about the methods already. So it provides various options for this.People are facing trouble for backup chats in WhatsApp. So let’s see some easy methods.
……Google Drive backup……
This is one of the methods for how to restore WhatsApp messages on new phone.This is the most common and well-known backup method for Android.The latest version of WhatsApp includes automatic Google Drive backups.So it makes the process automatic and easier.
- Tap on the three-dot on the upper right side corner.
- Go to setting
- Now you have various options like Account, Chat, Notification
- Click on the Chat option
- On the next screen, you will see an option named Chat backup. Click on that.
- Now you have a screen like this.
Here you can manually backup the chats or can automate the process.According to your requirement, you can set the options on this page. The options you may set like how often you want to back up daily, weekly etc.Should your backup includes videos or not.After successful back up you may close the app. Your chats are on Google Drive.
Now it’s new phone time.
Steps to follow
- First Add the same Google account to your new phone that you used to perform the backup on your old phone.
- Install WhatsApp on your new device as you did on the old one.
- Launch WhatsApp from your Home screen or from the app drawer.
- Tap Agree and continue.
- Enter your same number on the old phone and Verify your phone number, just like you did the first time you set up WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp will prompt you the backup
If WhatsApp doesn’t detect a backup, there may be various regions for that.
- You aren’t logged into the same Google account (You have taken back up).
- You aren’t using the same phone number that was used to create the backup.
- A backup file doesn’t exist on the Google Drive account.
Tap Restore to restore your WhatsApp chats from your Google Drive backup.
Your WhatsApp on your new phone is just like it was on your old phone. Now you have clarity about how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google drive.
This process isn’t entirely foolproof and may not work every time. You may have to uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it a couple times for the restore to take effect. This also risky because continually reinstalling WhatsApp may result in a temporary ban by the WhatsApp.